We're going the deliver our last microservices training of 2018 on December 3-4 in Berlin, Germany! In case you'd like to join, sign up here:
What's the Microservices Training about?
During the course of these two days, we will cover a high-level architectural overview of what is needed to design, develop and maintain an application built with microservices.
We will examine a microservices application developed adhering to current best practices, deploy it on Kubernetes and add the necessary infrastructural elements to make it resilient and self-healing.
This course is for you if..
- you are considering microservices for your organization,
- you want to understand microservices better,
- you want to migrate to microservices.
- Prior Node.js knowledge is nice to have as we will take tooling examples from its ecosystem.
- Prior Kubernetes or any other container orchestration system knowledge is nice to have. You will understand the technological background a lot better, though we can have a quick Kubernetes crash course in the beginning if need be.
- No prior experience with Microservices is required - we will cover everything you need to get started.
- A laptop with an Unix based OS
- Docker installed
- Minikube installed
- kubectl installed
1. Microservices Architecture in the Company:
- Monolith applications
- Organizational effect
- Where did the complexity go?
2. Moving to Microservices:
- When not to choose microservices?
- Evolutionary design
- API Gateway
3. Decentralized Data Management:
- Granularity of a service
- Service communication
- Automation and microservices
- Service bootstrapping
- Service principles and best practices
4. Architectural Patterns in Distributed Systems:
- Data models
- Microservices anti-patterns
- Event driven microservic
5. Reliability in Microservices:
- Risk of the microservice architecture
- Graceful degradation
- Failover caching
- Change management
- Health-check and load balancing
- Retry logic
- Fail fast
- Circuit breakers
- Rate limiters and load shedders
- Testing for failures
6. Testing Microservices:
- Local development
- Testing in microservices
- Unit testing
- Contract testing
- Integration tests
- E2E testing
- UI Testing
7. Debugging and Monitoring Microservices:
- Logging in a distributed system
- Monitoring Microservices
Why learn from RisingStack?
We provide professional development, training and consulting services from the early days of Node, and help companies like Lufthansa, Cisco & LogMeIn to build Microservices Architectures.
We've spent the previous 4 years with writing long-form tutorials & delivering software development workshops. Our experts have written more than 200 articles on the topics of Node.js, Microservices & Front-End development.
RisingStack has been named as one of the leading Node.js companies of the Battery Open-Source Software Index in TechCrunch’s “Tracking the explosive growth of open-source software” analysis.
Also, the feedbacks from our previous open-trainings are available here: